What started 27 years ago as a dream operating out of a garage quickly grew into a business printing over millions of garments a year.
A Stroke of Genius
High Peak Sportswear began as a dream in 1989 in the shadow of High Peak Mountain in Amherst County, Virginia. From modest beginnings working evenings in a garage, rapid growth meant we had soon printed millions of garments for satisfied customers throughout Central Virginia.
The capacity and capability of the company grew dramatically to keep pace with customer needs. Our screen printing department quickly outgrew our one manual press and soon boasted multiple manual and automatic presses. The large and complex jobs which would have been unthinkable to tackle in the early days, soon became routine.
Having started as a screen printing company, it soon became apparent that to meet customer needs embroidery capabilities would have to be added. Our first embroidery machine had pretty limited capabilities and was a single head, meaning it produced one garment at at time. Over the years we added equipment and now have a fully staffed embroidery department utilizing multiple head equipment, including state of the art 8 and 12 head machines.
Same Commitment to our Customers
In an effort to create a one stop experience and to more completely serve our customer needs, we’ve added many other capabilities over the years. Tackle Twill is a specialized embroidery process few embroidery companies offer - similar to applique where twill fabric is sewn to the garment to produce the image. A vinyl cutter now cuts letters and simple designs with capabilities far above precut vinyl letters, as done previously. We have a full color large format sign printer, which in addition allowing us to meet basic sign needs, can in certain occasions produce a transfer to be ironed onto the shirt. All of these changes and many more were made to provide a seamless and one stop shopping experience for High Peak customers.
Customer Bill of Rights
1. A warm greeting on the phone, internet, or upon entry into our building.
2. Prompt, courteous and professional direction by a knowledgeable salesperson. Help in tailoring artwork so it will look good printed or embroidered. Advice in selecting garments based on experience. Realistic timelines for proofing art and having job completed
3. Superior artwork produced in a timely fashion.
4. Print and embroidery quality which is superior to industry standards.
5. Timely and accurate billing and resolution of billing concerns.
6. Competitive pricing on artwork, digitizing, embroidery, and screenprinting.
7. Every employee at High Peak serving as their advocate from the time they make first contact and continuing after the order has been delivered.